Ellisknight are seeking a Payroller to join a busy department who are going through significant changes over the next few months due to system upgrades and new processes.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager you will be responsible for providing a customer focused, efficient and effective payroll service to all companies that sit in the group, you will ensure that you are delivering accurate pay to employees at all times.
- Assisting the Payroll Manager with maintaining the payroll systems and preparing the monthly payroll. want to stepping up to complete the process from end-to-end as required.
- Co-ordinate payroll data from managers and the HR team on a timely basis to feed in to the payroll process. Issuing spreadsheets to managers and ensuring that they return completed files in accordance with required timescales.
- Review new starter documentation for completion and accuracy, ensuring it is correctly input in to the Payroll system. Processing secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- The input, calculation and recording of sickness payments and all statutory payments (e.g. Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, etc).
- Provide timely and relevant information to external agencies in relation to court orders, mortgage references, Child Support Agency questionnaires, etc as required, ensuring appropriate approval is obtained before submitting the information.
- Deal with payroll related queries from employees and managers on a timely basis.
- Processing of travel and expenses claims as presented by the Finance function.
- Reconciliation and submission of pension deduction data to the Company’s pension provider.
- Liaise with the external Pension Scheme Administration company to ensure a consistent approach to the enrolling of employees in the pension scheme.
- Maintain the integrity of payroll records and systems, ensuring robust controls are in place at all stages of the process to ensure accurate calculation of payroll.
- Support the smooth transition of payroll matters for newly acquired subsidiaries.
- Provide payroll data to the Management Accounts team, liaising with them to ensure the Balance Sheet accurately reflects all assets and liabilities, enabling accurate reconciliations to be maintained and outstanding issues to be dealt with on a timely basis.
- Provide timely information to management on Payroll related matters.
- Administration of the cycle to work scheme.
- Keep up to date with legal, statutory and technical matters regarding payroll and pension processes.
- Other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job and the title of the position that may arise from time to time or as required by management.
Salary £26k – £29k
Study support for CIPP