EllisKnight are working exclusively with a client who are seeking a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a permanent basis. Our client is expanding via acquisition and have a significant volume of invoices that pass through the department.
Due to a new expenses system that has been implemented we are looking for someone who has expense processing knowledge too.
Your main duties will be;
- Maintaining ledgers that accurately reflect the liabilities of the business, ensuring the prompt processing of invoices.
- Coding and processing invoices, including matching of invoices to goods in notes and promptly liaising with the relevant department(s) within the business to obtain authorisation.
- Prompt resolution of supplier queries and problems to maintain healthy working relationships and keep supplier accounts operational, referring to the Assistant Purchase Ledger Manager where appropriate.
- Ensuring the timely reconciliation of supplier accounts, as allocated.
- Reviewing debit balances on a timely, ensuring the processing outstanding documentation.
- Preparing payment runs for authorisation, ensuring suppliers are paid in accordance with terms.
- Continual focus on the outstanding GIN balance for your selected accounts, processing invoices on a timely basis to crystalise the liability and minimise the value of accruals.
- Ensuring documents are scanned to the central filing system and that physical documents are archived and stored in compliance with company policies.
- Collecting, opening and date stamping the post.
- Other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job and the title of the position that may arise from time to time or as required by management.
Salary £22k – £24k